It's officially the fall season, and we can now expect that rain showers will soon come our way and the leaves will begin changing colors as we move into winter. The weather is going to get cozier and the streets will be wetter, and after the summer it's important to remember that the heat probably took a toll on our vehicles.
Due to the extreme heat of the summer, it is recommended that your vehicle gets inspected and serviced before the fall season to ensure a reliable vehicle. Holidays are approaching, and the last thing you need is to find yourself stranded on the side of the road on the way to visit family. Fall vehicle maintenance will catch any small issues early on and will help restore any of the damage done over the heavy driving summer months.
Here are our stop 7 vehicle maintenance items to take care of for the autumn season:
- Tires - having good tires in rainy weather is critical to your safety on the road. If your tires don't pass the tread test or look worn unevenly, you may need to look at getting them replaced.
- Brakes - your brakes need to be working at their best to stop and slow accurately in the fall, so have them inspected for proper operation and fix any small issues now before they grow.
- Windshield Wipers - wipers will wear and dry out during the summer, so getting them replaced now is a perfect time. We don't want you to be stuck in the rain without operating wipers, and we can help you get a new set on in no time.
- Fluids - fluids can break down quickly during the summer, so have all important fluids inspected and topped-off. If any fluids look very dirty, they may need to be flushed out and replaced.
- Battery - getting in your vehicle to find it has a dead battery is never fun, and the summer heat can actually make a dying battery die faster. We can test the charge and ensure that your battery will last you throughout the season.
- Lights - your lights are critical to inform others on the road that you are there and when you are braking or turning. Test that all lights are working well and restore any that look yellow or cloudy.
- Heater/Defroster - you don't want to freeze over the fall and winter, and you don't want to struggle seeing out a foggy windshield either.
These are some of the most important maintenance items to take care of before you roll into the fall season. If you're due for any of the services listed above, we invite you into the professionals here at Premier Automotive Service in Urbandale, IA. We will make sure that your vehicle will be dependable in the changing weather and get you where you need to go over the next few months. Feel free to give us a call or stop by our shop for friendly service today!