If you own a car, you know that they're expensive. Most maintenance revolves around the engine because engine repairs can be costly. Over years and years of driving, you may hear your mechanic recommend an engine overhaul. The operation of an engine overhaul is when a professional technician takes care of any failure issues.
A mechanic will take the entire engine out and apart. They will then proceed to clean all the parts and replace any damaged or worn parts, including gaskets or seals. After all, is done, they will put the pieces back together.
Engine overhauls require professional expertise and knowledge because it requires reassembling the engine. This labor is cumbersome as every bolt, nut, and part need to be reached.
Benefits of Engine Overhaul
Below are the top three advantages of engine overhaul:
- Improves Engine Performance - Since the engine is restored to factory-like condition with all the defects repaired, it will increase fuel efficiency and boost overall performance.
- Extended the Engine's Lifespan - With an engine overhaul, your vehicle has a longer lifespan.
- Less Expensive Than New Engine - An engine overhaul is way less expensive than buying and replacing an engine. You could save hundreds of dollars!
Signs You Need an Engine Overhaul
When you start experiencing problems with your engine, there's no question that an engine overhaul may be looming in your future. Below are five symptoms that indicate you may need an engine overhaul:
- White smoke coming from the tailpipe
- Poor gas mileage
- Reduced engine power
- Knocking sounds when accelerating
- Broken valves
If any of these signs apply to you, please do not hesitate to reach out to the professionals at Premier Automotive Service. Our technicians can thoroughly inspect your engine and its surrounding components to get down to the bottom of your motor problem. Then, we will make you suitable recommendations.
We welcome you to bring your car to Premier Automotive Service today!