Spring and Summer seasons are the best time of year to hop in the car and take a trip nearby, whether you’re hitting the beach, heading to amusement parks, or going camping! The last thing you want to do is get stuck on the road with a broken down vehicle. Before you embark on your road trip, be sure to go over our pre-road trip vehicle checklist to ensure that you’re vehicle stays reliable and dependable on your vacation.
- Check Tires - Tires should have the correct pressure and should have good tread.
- Check Belts & Hoses - Your local mechanic may have to complete this step. Belts and hose problems can go undetected until they fail completely.
- Check Filters & Fluids - All fluids should be clean and full and filters should be clean as well to ensure all systems work properly and to prevent overheating.
- Check Windshield Wipers and Lights - You never know when you might hit rain and need windshield wipers. All exterior lights need to be in working condition as well to ensure your safety when driving at night.
- Check Brakes and Battery - Brakes should be properly working and check that the battery doesn’t have any signs of excessive corrosion. It also doesn’t hurt to have the life of your battery tested.
The best way to ensure your safety on your upcoming road trip is to bring your vehicle into our shop for an inspection of all of the above. The average car owner may not know exactly what to look for when checking vital components, and our experts can help. We will make sure that there are no underlying issues with your vehicle that could potentially cause problems on the road.
For friendly service, don’t hesitate to give us a call today or request an appointment online for your pre road-trip inspection!