Road trips are a fun and traditional part of summer for many people. Wherever you decide to go this summer, you’ll need a reliable vehicle to make the round trip. Here are five things you should put on your car’s summer checklist.
- Your Tires – Look for warning signs like bulging spots, areas with little or no tread, and any foreign object stuck in the tire. Make sure your tires are fully inflated to get you the best gas mileage, and keep a spare tire in case you get a flat while you’re on the road.
- Your Oil – Now is not the time to skimp on an oil change. Make sure your oil is clean and that the level is high enough.
- Other Fluids – Oil is vital, but it’s not the only fluid that needs to be checked. You want to make sure your brakes, windshield wipers, and cooling system are all full and ready to go.
- Belts and Hoses – Rusty or loose connections can be a key factor in many car problems. Make sure your hoses and belts aren’t cracked or damaged, and make sure their connections are clean and firm.
- Get a Pro Inspection and Tune-Up – You can save yourself time and frustration by bringing your car to a professional. They will know what to look for, and make sure your fluids are topped off and your connections are working well.
We’d love to be your choice for auto diagnostics and repairs. Give us a call today so that we can get you safely on the road!